Monday, November 8, 2010

Sleep the weight away


I came across this article on the web which caused me to pause and ponder. I can't remember where I read it but this is what it states:

"Women who sleep for five or fewer hours a night are 32 percent more likely to gain weight and 15 percent more likely to become obese than women who sleep for seven or more hours. That’s the finding from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland where researchers studied 68,183 women over a period of 16 years.

Why? It is believed that lack of sleep may slow metabolism or decrease the calories burned by spontaneous activities such as fidgeting. What better reason could there be to dive under that duvet this winter?"




I sometime barely get that 5 hours of sleep and although I know of the whole beauty hour sleeping time and how it affects our skin, it now affects our weight too! I say the more reason to sleep more...ZZzzzzzzz

0 comments on "Sleep the weight away"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Diamonds n Duds Discoveries Along The Way Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez